Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

[REVIEW] Etude House Drawing Show Brush Liner in Black

Ola~
As you might know, my Dolly Wink eyeliner in black dried out and some of you recommend me to choose K-palette Tattoo eyeliner and even gel liner. I think K-Palette is too expensive back then when I'm sorta broke out?lol and gel liner would takes too much time for everyday wear so I found this brush liner from Etude House which is the renewal version and cheaper too..haha XD

The box is actually very small in real..haha
the brush tip is pretty sharp :)

This two pictures is under a different lighting, the left one is under the room light and the right one is under the natural light. You might see that there is a hint of blue undertone as well as a bit of glimmer.

The left picture is under the running tap water and the right one is one time rub with a finger.

How it looks on my eyes. I guess it's not too dark compared to the Clio eyeliner.

Even though the eyeliner not looking too dark in the picture because the picture is zoom in. For me, it is actually dark but not as dark as the Clio eyeliner. The swatch picture above is showing a bit of blue tint and a bit of glimmer but actually I can't see that when I wore the eyeliner on my eyes.

The brush tip is sharp enough which is good for thin lining and I find that the brush is softer than any other liquid liner I've tried. I almost don't feel it at all. I'm not sure why but maybe because of the liquid type or maybe that came from the brush itself.

Compared to to other liquid eyeliner that I've tried(eg, Dolly Wink and Clio), this eyeliner is more watery which means it needs a bit of time to dry but that doesn't take long. I'm okay with it :)

The eyeliner is waterproof as you can see from the test above when I put the swatch under a running tap water but it is not rub-proof so it is rather difficult for me, especially on my other eye which my eyelid is closer to each other and that might rub-off the eyeliner. Other than that, I don't know how to say it because it is sticky? I feel that my eyelid stuck to each other when I apply this eyeliner but I'm not too sure why this happen.

Overall, I find this eyeliner is just so-so. I don't think it is that bad but I don't think it is that great either. Anyway, I do like the brush :D .If you want to try it, there is another new brown version of this and I think it was a new collection added to this collection.

If you have any questions to ask, please let me know :)

marvelikalife@gmail.com



19 comments:

Rossy said...

wow.. thanks for the review <3
I thought this eyeliner was smudgeproof.. I'm not sure will buy this

Mizu said...

yeah..too bad it is not :(
Maybe I would buy the K-Palette next :D

Devi Anviana said...

wow... beautiful eye :D
nice review :)

Mizu said...

thank you dear but is not that pretty..dark circles is all around..haha

Junjun said...

The way you line your eyes is amazing. *A* It's so perfect!
Thank you so much for the review! c: It's a shame that it's not smudge proof (I rub my eyes WAY too much). :c

yuhjiun said...

Looks nice! Omg you looks so pro TT

Mizu said...

haha..thank you..you'll get used to liquid eyeliner is you used them everyday. i was really horrible on my first time but practice makes perfect :) but sometimes i still shaking a lot so you can use q-tip to remove the unwanted lines :)


yeah, too bad it is not smudgeproof.. :(

Mizu said...

haha..i didn't..i think this is the simplest one..you'll get better when you're used to liquid eyeliner too :)

Yue Rain said...

look nice on you. i prefer if it is smudge free.most eye liner will make me look like panda after few hours

Mizu said...

yeah...too bad..i prefer the one that last long too

Li Chuen said...

Nice ! But won't be suitable for me since it'll smudge because of my oily lids...

Mizu said...

me too..too bad it is not smudgeproof

Sana Sadiq said...

Wowww!!! Now this is something looks really amazing xx

Chee said...

Too bad it's not rub proof, I'm still looking for a good pen liner like this that waterproof and rub- proof, maybe there's no such thing >.< thanks for the review!

Sally C. said...

I have this but it doesn't work too well for my oily monolid. I agree with you that the brush is great. Great post!

Mizu said...

it did but it's sad that it wasn't smudgeproof

Mizu said...

have you try the k-palette eyeliner? i heard that it is hard to remove so it could rub-proof :)

Mizu said...

yes, agree. it doesn't work well with my oily eyelid too.
thank you :)

Mizu said...

Sure, thanks~ :D

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D