Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

[REVIEW] Etude House Brush Shower Cleaner vs It's Skin Brush Cleanser vs Daiso Detergent


I became more aware of taking care of my brushes and puff/sponge after my knowledge about beauty increases since I start blogging. I never really cared about dirty sponge before this because of the lack of knowledge. My skin break out really bad the past two years and it alerted me of taking care of the hygiene of the tools that I used.

I originally bought the Etude House Brush Shower Cleaner(~RM39+) but it's running out so I bought the It's Skin Brush Cleanser(~RM10) and yesterday I bought this Puff and Sponge Detergent from Daiso(RM5)

It's Skin Brush Cleanser (240ml). This is from my previous haul.

 Etude House Brush Shower Cleaner (250ml). I bought this from ebay last year.

 Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge (80ml). I know about this when a reader of mine tell me where to get a cheaper cleanser for my brushes/sponges.

 I'm using the Etude House Brush Shower Cleaner here. The after photos is not completely cleaned yet as I wanted to show you how it works only for a few squeeze mix with the cleanser.  It does leaves a few more stain to remove so I wash it again with the cleanser for second time to remove it.
I love this cleanser because it smells really good like an expensive perfume. The smells doesn't fade away even after a few days of washing :D 

The texture is semi-thick and absorb really well into the sponge like water. So I don't take too long to start washing this. Other than that, it removes the bb cream/foundation from my sponge and brush really well too. Sorry that I don't have any pictures showing how good this is in cleaning my brushes but as I said, it works really good.

One thing that I dislike is that the bottle is pretty small (250ml) for the price(RM39+). I wish it would be bigger..:(












(sorry for the crumbly sponge, it's an old one)

 For It's Skin Brush Cleanser, I don't have any good thing to say about this. This cleanser is simply bad at removing stains and had a foul smell almost rancid. Just look at the picture, they do not do anything even after I squeezed and wash it for a few times using the cleanser.

It is light pink in color and it is as runny as water and works like water too..(means that normal water can't removes the stain completely). No wonder the price is cheap when I bought this and just one thing, don't ever buy this.

 Since the sponge did not properly cleaned with the It's Skin Brush Cleanser, I tried the Daiso Detergent that I bought.  The texture is thick almost like gel but it absorb really fast into the sponge and it doesn't take too much of the liquid to use.

I would say that this detergent is very good! It is even better than the Etude House because it removes almost 95% of the stain from the first wash! It makes me happy that I don't have to re-wash it again and again until all the stains are removed. For the smell, it has a very slight chalky scent but it doesn't stick with the sponge. I sniff this from the bottle..lol

I really recommend this if you're looking for a cheap brush cleanser with a great performance :D

This is the final look of the sponge. The Etude House still have some stains that can't be removed. Maybe the sponge are kept for too long without washing so the stain won't go away anymore. For the right is Daiso and see, no more stain. Everything was removed completely. I think I would just stick with this! :D

Have you tried any or know any cleanser that is cheap but works great?Please let me know if you do in the comment below :D

marvelikalife@gmail.com


27 comments:

hildamilda said...

I never knew there's such thing as brush/puff cleanser! Thanks for sharing, shall drop by Daiso to get a few bottles (:

Eve said...

I have read many people say the daiso brush detergent is awesome, I should really get one sometime since it's so cheap.

Mizu said...

Yes please do :D It works great and very cheap too! :)

Mizu said...

You really should :) It works so great :)

Jojo Seah said...

Cheap yet very effective! That's what everyone wants. :D

Mizu said...

yes, totally agree :) coz brush cleanser used to be expensive!

LauraLeia said...

I was surprised when I first used the Daiso sponge cleaner, but since then I've never looked back (or used any other brand) because it works so well and is so cheap! :D

Nabilah Ismailjee said...

Does the Daiso Detergent works for brushes?

Bethany said...

I've heard great things about the Daiso one. I really need to invest in it. I usually just clean my brushes with shampoo and anti-bacterial soap and some olive oil to condition. Haha.

Ari said...

I have the "Jazzy Makeup Brush Cleaner" from James Cooper and it works pretty well for me. I just spritz on the brush a couple of times and wipe it down on a towel. I repeat this a few times (or until no more makeup residue shows up on the towel) and my brush is squeaky clean :) Not sure how it works with sponges, but I mostly use traditional brushes when it comes to makeup!

Mizu said...

I'm so agree, I was surprised that it works really well and cheap too!

Mizu said...

really?you guys don't have Daiso?

Mizu said...

Yes it does :D

Mizu said...

I tried using olive oil but it doesn't remove the foundation/bb cream completely and it's quite oily too.

Mizu said...

How about the price? It is pricey?
too bad that I used much sponges than brushes.

Ari said...

It's PHP399.00 which I think isn't too bad for a good product.

Mizu said...

oh i see, a little less than Etude House..but I'm not sure if it is accessible here..

Farisha Nadia (Nala) said...

I have the Daiso detergent and it is amazing! However, I found that it works best with sponges and synthetic brushes, since it is a detergent, it dries out the natural hair brushes, so just keep that in mind :/ I use dove original bar soap for my other brushes, it works like a charm, doesn't dry out the brushes and it's cheap! :)

Mizu said...

thank you for the heads up :)
does the dove bar can remove bb cream/foundation very well?because they're really hard to deal with..:(

Jessica Liani Suwitro said...

We have in some cities. But the daiso cleanser is kinda rare here so next time I go to KL or SG, I'll definitely buy one.. ;)



Sent from Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------

Susan T. said...

I got the Daiso on ebay and haven't used it yet. I'm happy to see that it works well!

Joan Jap said...

I should have something like this. I usually clean my sponge with facial soap only ):

Cheers,
Dreamy
Princess

Mizu said...

You should try them esp Daiso :)

Farisha Nadia (Nala) said...

Yes they are hard to wash >.< and with dove it takes 2-3 washes as well, so I always use synthetic brushes and sponges to apply foundation or bb cream, that way I can easily clean them with daiso detergent :) When using Dove, it is easier to wash and remove powder instead of liquid.

Mizu said...

I see..because bb cream/foundation is just hard to remove.previously i used my cleansing oil but then i think it would be a waste ..haha

Swee San said...

wow I think I need to get the Daiso detergent too. Currently I'm just using a bb cleanser (cause it wasn't suitable for my skin, so instead of throwing it away, I use it to wash the brushes)

Mizu said...

that's good too but do try the Daiso, it is cheap and good too :)

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D