Follow Me

       

I'm Mizu and a beauty blogger from Malaysia since 2010. I'm very passionate in beauty and addicted to Korea Cosmetics. I love making friends all over the world besides enjoying mangas and animes.

Welcome to my blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

[REVIEW] Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #7 Tea Rose #8 After Blossom


Hi! So we met again :)
As I said on my facebook page, I will be reviewing the Rose collection that I bought few days straight so here is the part.2!

and umm..I'm so sorry for the lack of rose here..I can't find any decent color of rose which should match the burgundy theme color so I made a DIY of an unknown flowers from the kit that I bought from Mr.D.I.Y. It is actually pretty tough to make them since the instruction is so bad and I don't know what to follow anymore..so here are the flowers that I made myself?lol

Back to the products, the first time I saw the Etude House Korea facebook page posted this photo on their timeline included with full swatches, I already fall for it. Though the packaging of the tint is not my cup of tea but the swatches of colors are so beautiful so I'm sold. I intend to buy all the 8 colors but the price is too high(plus I bought almost the whole collection) so I took 2 out of 8 colors as a result.I keep telling myself that I have a few pink colors with me so I deducted all those colors related to pink..haha

So here are the two colors, No.7(Tea Rose) and No.8(After Blossom)


 The amount of the liquid that was squeezed out is so tiny!haha



First top on the left is the No.8 After Blossom and the right top is No.7 Tea Rose.
The bottom one is my attempt of creating another gradient lip but why did the color turn out to be the same as Aritaum Cushion tint that I reviewed previously though it isn't supposed to be like that. I hate it when my swatches doesn't came out better in photos :(  
Note : All photos are enlargeable so click them for better view.

I wanted to say this for a lot of times, this collection are totally cute! Though the tube design is not really suit to my like but at least the box are really gorgeous with the rose design on the top <3


So we start with the negatives first. Though my reason for not liking the tube because it's not cute at all, there is another reason for that. The tube is really dense as I have to squeeze harder to get a little of the tint out of the tube. 0.0

Second is the texture. It is MATTE. I used to dislike matte lipsticks a lot because it is drying ;(
But I actually found out that if I apply a lot more than just covering the whole lips, it wasn't that drying. 
Or another method is try not to use the cushion provided but instead of using your hand or lip brush.


Though I may hate the way of the tube was but on the positive side..it won't be squeezed out if I carry it in my bag. Since my bag had so much stuff, I'm worried to those softer tube got squeezed and cause a mess.

As I said, the texture is drying but it is doesn't really cause my lips to be drier or anything. It is a nice matte tint if you want to try because the color does not sink into the lip fine lines if you had a dry lips like me.

The color payoff was really good as it give a nice color with just a few swipes. "No.7 Tea Rose" is nudy peach in color which I got it because nude color in tint?The color is not pale nude which I dislike the most. For "No.8 After Blossom", it supposed to be more to burgundy in color but since it was applied using the cushion, the color fade slightly and looks more to maroon red. Initially I thought the texture of the tint is almost similar to a lipstick but since it leaves a slight tint to the lips even after the color disappear.

The tint is not color transfer, not even after applying. It is stay for about a few hours with some drinks without disappearing which I think it's quite good.

and lastly, the tint smells like rose! If you ever tried the Etoinette lipstick, they had similar scent :D
But it is not noticeable when you apply them on lips.


Forget the packaging , I simply love this tint.
The colors line up were great and they smells like rose which is not noticeable when applying.
I might consider to get other colors next time..hehe

I rate them ;

Thank you for reading! Part.3 post will be next! :)
marvelikalife@gmail.com

33 comments:

Rini Cesillia said...

i just tried the no 8 this Saturday, and i liked it.. so i just ordered no 7 yesterday.. can't wait for it to arrive XD

Bethany said...

The flowers are adorable, either way.

I was looking forward to seeing these reviews. ^_^ The squeezing would be irritating, but I love the After Blossom colour. <3

Yue Rain said...

yeah, i don't like the tube type since it look troublesome to clean later.

Mizu said...

that's nice :D i'm loving these tints too :D

Mizu said...

Veryy adorbs! I love the boxes so much..haha
Yup, the after blossom color is gorgeous!

Mizu said...

I think cleaning it won't be much a problem because the cushion is attacheable

Rini Cesillia said...

though the packaging is disappointing but it's okay since the colour and texture is great :D

Fräulein Schnee said...

I bought one of these, too (No.3) and I'm really curious how it will turn out. Tea Rose looks nice to me as well, so may be I'll order this one as well :) Thanks for the review!

Mizu said...

That's nice..waiting for your review as well :D

Raquel Pinheiro said...

Oh, think the colors are really different from etude advertising >.< so sad! I wanted the wine color but it doesn't look wine at all in real life :/ Thanks for the review!

Kell~ candykellzy.blogspot.com.br

Choulyin said...

hehehe the tip of the gloss is furry! so cute!

LauraLeia said...

I'm so tempted to buy these even though I already have a bunch of lip products! >_< Tea Rose is really pretty~ ^^ And your DIY flowers are beautiful too ^^

chichicho chichicho said...

i love etude house! affordable and cute!
#giglove

Mizu said...

thank you elaine :)

Mizu said...

yeah..most of Etude's promo are way different that their real product. for that after blossom, sometimes it is in a deep burgundy color but in the photo above that i posted, it looks a bit different, i guess its from the lighting..

Mizu said...

yeah..it is..since i don't know what to call them so i just write in 'cushion' there..haha

Mizu said...

I know right! I even fall in love with the box :D :D
hahaha..that was my first time ever doing a DIY flower..lol...

Mizu said...

sure they are!thanks for visiting :)

Mizu said...

yup!agree with you :D

skinandtonics said...

I'm so glad you reviewed these! I recently ordered this in Tea Rose and now I'm even more excited for it to get here. Both colors look fantastic on you!

Mizu said...

Ohh..that's nice!i hope you'll like it as I do :D
Thank you very much :)

dilla said...

omaigah i really want the tea rose one! i have a same opinion as you.. its really rare to find a nude shade lip tint and this is great! :D

Mizu said...

yea..that's so true!i was thinking that it's rare to see a tint in nude color....haha

lita said...

do you think the tea rose would be ok on pigmented lip if used it as gradiant lip?

Mizu said...

yes of course but i suggest you don't use the furry tip given instead on using just finger or lip brush

Azwa Mislan said...

do the tea rose suits your skintone??is it cool or warm colour??from the advertorial i find that its very cool. http://azwaa.blogspot.com

Mizu said...

Yes, it's a nude in color and more to warm tone. You can't always trust the ad posters. I find most of them are totally different from the real color.

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

Great review! i was looking for the no. 8 review, although it does not look as dark as i expected it to be, did u apply lightly?

Mizu said...

It supposed to be darker in real! Sorry, it's the camera's fault.

♠ aMz88 PunkyBunny ♠ said...

oh then there is nothing to worry about hehe <3

Mizu said...

yes :D

Ann said...

i really like the color of the lip tint! but i agree with you, matte liptint does make your lips very drying >w<

http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

Mizu said...

yeah..so you have to apply lip balm before or apply gloss after applying.


thanks for dropping by :)

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and I'll get back as soon as possible :D